Saturday, December 7, 2013

Fridails: Animal print

It's Fridails, and today Alena, Maria and I are showing you animal print manis! As for the additional requirement..no leopards. But leopards as in Panthera pardus, no more, no less. And since I'm taught to be a professional cheater (:D) lawyer, I took advantage of the loophole in the wording. 
Время Fridails, и сегодня Алена, Маша и я показываем маникюры с использованием животного принта! А дополнительным условием являлось то, что нельзя было делать леопардовый маникюр. Но только речь шла о леопарде как о виде. Вот я формулировкой и воспользовалась :)

To be honest, animal print is not my most favorite one. And leopard print isn't my favorite by far (too many women in Russia have really abused it by wearing tacky leopard clothes, so I'm sort of allergic to leopard print :D). But black and white, that's a slightly different story. Snow leopard is a magnificent and beautiful animal (so is regular leopard), and the black&white combo makes the pattern quite wearable for me. You can never go wrong with black and white! And it fit the theme and met the additional requirement, as from the point of view of zoology, all the regular leopard and snow leopard have in common is the word 'leopard', while genetically snow leopard is closer to tiger and is singled out in its own genus, Uncia Uncia (please mind that I'm referring to the Russian sources as I'm writing this, which may differ from those in English). 
Честно признаться, животный принт - не самой мой любимый. И уж тем более не леопардовый (у меня на него что-то вроде аллергии из-за того, что уж очень наши женщины любят именно его, и в большинстве это, к сожалению, смотрится бесвкусно, так что оскомина присутствует). Но в черно-белом варианте я неожиданно хорошо восприняла его на ногтях. Мое животное на сегодня  - это ирбис, или снежный барс, прекрасный и величественный. И в тему, и дополнительному условию удовлетворяет, поскольку с точки хрения зоологии с лопардом его объединяет разве что слово leopard в названии, ведь генетически ирбис довольно близок....к тигру, и выделяется в отдельный вид. 

I started with 2 coats of Essie Blanc, waited for that to dry, then stamped on with a Colorama black polish (will look up the number later) and Bundle Monster BM-221 stamping plate. Finally, I applied a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat, and that was it! 
Я начала маникюр с 2 слоев Essie Blanc, дождалась высыхания, затем сделала стемпинг черным кремом Colorama при помощи диска для стемпинга Bundle Monster BM-221. Наконец, я закрепила маникюр слоем Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, ну и все :)






Check out Alena's blog, The Polishing Life, and Maria's So Marvellous, for their animal print manicures :)
Также приглашаю в блоги Алены The Polishing Life и Маши So Marvellous оценить животный принт на их ногтях :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I just stumbled upon your blog. Are you studying to be a lawyer? If so, me too! I'm a 2L at a law school in the US. Anyway, great blog. I'm a new fan. Good luck with school and I look forward to seeing what kind of nail designs you keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! So glad you liked my blog! Yep, I indeed am, I'm on my third year at the moment :) You too, and hope I won't disappoint you! :3 Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete